Saturday, January 8, 2011

What Store Sells Little Me

Architecture

Never write on what others do, unless you experienced it directly via conference, workshop or travel. But Rory Hyde this article on your blog reminded me much one of my purposes New Year redefine the subject of my thesis, and I decided to associate with another New Year's resolution is the to write more. Article, Rory talks about the possibility of "recycling" of architects, how we can transform them to suit our times.
Community I choose enabler: " a comfortable That scenario has distracted us from Our Responsibility for Society at large. By reconceiving the role of the architect as a designer of Not buildings, pero as a custodian of the built environment, the space of Opportunity and tools at Our disposal Are vastly expanded. " Although
want to investigate, I do not see much in the AMO roll Practicing as Researcher, perhaps is that the research I understand otherwise. Or will I have them and very visible.

Finally, I leave you with this photo of a project that took a year looking. I saw it on a blog and terrific but I thought I knew to find him again to put it here. In this project the architect Alejandro Aravena half of each home built, then have the user if you can and want, build the other half as the family grows. The problem was that the budget was not couple more, but the soil is allowed to make homes more suited to a family. P copy of OAR :

"If to make more efficient use of soil, reducing the lot size to match it with the house, what we get, more than efficiency, is overcrowding . If for get density, built in height, the resulting buildings do not allow households to grow. And in this case, we need each housing is extended at least twice its original size. (...) We propose to stop thinking about the problem of housing as an expense and start watching it as a social investment. (...) On the one hand we wanted to frame (rather than control) the spontaneous construction to prevent deterioration of the urban environment over time and secondly we wanted to make easier the process of enlargement to each family ".

plays the theme of architecture as a service to society and not the "work of an artist" (and here I return to the first part of my article on the return of the architect in society). Addresses the issue of density, but not overcrowded towers and leaving public spaces and semi-public. And he takes issue with the self understood as a process to include in the planning (not avoid) and that in no way affects the "work of an artist." Take that, all in one. Chapeau .
Wear

0 comments:

Post a Comment