Thursday, April 22, 2010

2 Red Wires And 2 Black Wires What To Do?

Living in passing, Madrid

I get to Madrid and I am thinking about spaces and exhibitions that I visited. But for five days that I stay I am filled with doubt: visit what interests me or what would be criticized? I think after reading the article El Pais on the streets of Madrid as the place "in passing" stay and not the impression I have to go through those places makes me angry is unavoidable, or are they not "passing"?

is something that has long been talk of a trend that will see it coming but did not want to believe it. The invasion of granite has come. And what is worse, space controllable by the police, at first sight, where nobody can hide. And children but where do they play? and higher, where do you feel?

I remember one of the best books I've read about urbanism "Humanization of urban space" by Jan Gehl, or as he called in English " Life Between buildings." In it, plus many interesting articles, find the demand for older workers: ask for a bench to rest every 100 meters, especially in "zones of passage." Perhaps that is why the council has put the "coffins" granite Cabestreros Square in Madrid, so our older rest forever ...

pick up some pearls to finish the article and I go to sleep, tomorrow I'm going to This is a Plaza, to see if I happy with the piece of green that we created in the middle of Lavapies.

"I often think how well I would find, occasionally, a seat," said Mary Santamarta, 74, clutching the arm of her husband. "We had to juggle to breastfeed the baby," says Nuria Menargues with her son still attached to the breast. "I've been sitting a while on the bench, but it is too cold, so I do not like the minimalist, I prefer to be a little bit green around there," he explains.

0 comments:

Post a Comment